Skip to main content
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 ribs of celery, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced small
- 2 large russet potatoes, diced small
- 2 Tablespoon gluten-free flour or Arrowroot powder
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh or frozen organic corn kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1-1/2 pounds frozen peeled & deveined raw small
- shrimp, thawed
See all recipes
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in onion, celery, carrots, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper; cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring, so the flour does not burn.
Add coconut milk, constantly whisking until the mixture is smooth.
Add in broth and bring to a boil while constantly whisking.
Add in chopped potatoes, cover with a lid and simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
Using a hand blender or potato masher, quickly blend the soup for a few seconds to make it creamy while leaving some potatoes whole.
Add corn, raw shrimp, cayenne pepper, and thyme; simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and just cooked through.
Serve hot and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.